Finding my way through the outline
I’ve been trying to write an outline for my WIP and I’m having problems with that part of it. I’m more of a pantser, yet I’ve found that pantsing my way through a novel doesn’t work because I find myself stuck in regard to where I want to go with the book because the characters tend to take over. I’m trying to find my way to being somewhere in the middle of being a pantser and a plotter. At least a partial outline so that then I can pants my way through the rest. Still working on that part. Soon I’ll be reviewing some of the books I’ve found about writing. What books have been the most helpful to me, what books haven’t been helpful at all. I’m in the process of reading two different books about structuring a novel right now.
First and foremost, Stephen King’s “On Writing,” happens to be one of my favorites.
- Outlining. The scourge of My Existence . . . Well, Not Really. (roninliterati.wordpress.com)
- Pantser? Plotter? Shrug. (parkinglotconfessional.com)
- Words From a True Pantser (josvensson.wordpress.com)
- Confessions of an Unwilling Pantser (inkslingersauthors.wordpress.com)
- Troubleshoot your novel outline (darsword.wordpress.com)
- Do you Outline? (stacyporter.wordpress.com)